Sunday 29 January 2023

Still Grounded...

Due to my car breaking down on Christmas Day, I have been unable to get out and about, and worse still, I have not completed any weekly visits to Antrim Marina.  The Marina is roughly twelve miles away from my house, therefore, it is not possible to get there without all of my optical gear, etc.

I have decided to scrap the car seeing as the cost of repairs is not worth it, as this would have been the final year of ownership before replacing the car anyway.  I was quoted £900 for a new clutch and flywheel, plus a further £250 to purchase a new steering rack, a fault discovered by my mechanic (leaking fluid).  A hole was also found that would have required a bit of welding as well.

Looking for a good quality used car, I have looked at, and test drove a couple which were not to my liking so the search continues.  A couple of other cars are on my radar, but my problem is getting to them.  My younger son will run me out to these, but his car is off the road at present with an exhaust replacement needed.

Whenever I'm on the road again, this blog will come back to life.  In the meantime, I have a few sightings that have been reported to me, so I'll get to work on them and publish a post as soon as.

*********************************************************  

No comments: