Friday 9 October 2020

Persistence Pays...

We are now into early October, and slowly, re-sightings of ringed birds from previous winters are being steadily recorded.  This weeks post sees another couple being added to the winter list of re-sightings, which furthers each birds longevity record.  All of this is beginning to present me with a bit of a dilemma.  As each winter passes, the historical records for these sightings, poses me with the problem about reporting on those histories, as some are now becoming quite extensive.  I'm now pondering on the idea, of creating a new type of PDF File for each bird that I report on.
 
It would be headed by my own blog theme of 'Ring Watching at Antrim Marina' and sub-titled '& Rings Spotted Elsewhere'.  It would then contain the birds ringing details, followed by a list of re-sightings.  I could 'copy and paste' the sightings, taken from my own 'master' spreadsheet, which acts as my database, and currently contains some 13,500 lines of ringing and re-sighting data.  Something like this would make life far easier than trying to explain all sightings for a particular bird.  Just imagine, the info I would have for some of the birds, say, in another five years time.
 
On another theme, I've seemed to have 'stepped' on the foot of another Northern Ireland ringer.  Having requested the ringing details for that ringer's, colour-ringed birds, including the metal numbers, the outcome did not go down to well.
 
The request came about, due to the colour-ringed birds in question, having been reported to me by a lady member of the public.  Acting on her sightings, it would be easier for me to submit the metal numbers along with the colour-codes to the BTO.  The reply I received was quite frankly astonishing.  I was told by the ringer, they are resident birds at the site, where they had been ringed, and there was no need to continually report them unless found deceased or injured. 
 
The birds had been ringed in the first instance, to teach trainees.  The actual words were 'tell this woman', - which I think beggers belief, for any ringer to come out with such blunt wording.  If sightings are not reported, and the birds concerned simply go missing, then there is no last re-sighting date, to indicate that the bird was still alive a particular time.  What also has to be taken into consideration, is that the sighting reports are coming from a member of the public, and it's not a case where the same birds are being reported daily or weekly by the same person.
 
At Antrim Marina, I record the colour-ringed gulls there on a weekly basis all through the winter.  My solution there, would be to submit the last sighting each month, and/or sightings made by other birdwatchers or general members of the public.  Such sightings, need to be responded to, whether they are, or, are not wanted.  The public are needed, and to be kept interested, as they are an important componment of the whole ringing and re-sighting process, and no matter how trivial some re-sightings may be, there's always the chance that they will record something out of the ordinary.
 
The point I'm making, is that the purpose for colour-ringing, is to generate re-sightings.  If the ringer or any ringer for that matter, does not want re-sightings, they should not be using colour-rings in the first place.  I too, had the same problem a few weeks back, as I was blatantly told over the phone, not to submit my colour-ring sightings, as the birds in question had been ringed the previous winter, and the ringer concerned did not have the time to start submitting ringing details to the BTO.  So why the point of colour-ringing in the first place!!!!!  What happens next, after a whole host of new birds are ringed and re-sighted?
 
This must be a Northern Ireland thing, as of eight years of 'Ring Reading' now, I have never encountered 'such dribble'.  Any other ringer I've been in contact with, are only too happy to receive sightings, and most of them, are always on the ball.
 
______________________________________________________________________________   

 
      Black-headed Gulls At Antrim Marina - Monday 5th October 2020       
I got up at 7:30 on Sunday morning to undertake this week's, weekly visit to Antrim Marina, along with my younger son.  Having arranged to work together, the idea was to ring the six Mute Swan cygnets, and then their parents.  Initially, Adrian couldn't go, as two of his co-workers caught the Coronavirus infection, then after that, he had to remain at home to babysit, as his wife had planned to go away, and then last weekend, saw his dog becoming very ill, with what the vet described, may well have been a brain tumour.  Anyway, having got up, I waited and waited, but my son never arrived.  I then decided to go back to bed for a couple of hours, before leaving to head for Belfast, and make my weekly visit on Monday morning instead.

On Monday morning, having taken my wife to work first, I arrived at Antrim Marina at 9:15.  There were around 60 Black-headed Gulls present, so I immediately started looking for colour-rings.  I was off to a 'flyer', recording 13 colour-rings by 9:33.  My overall total so far this winter, was 21, so I thought this was going to be a brilliant visit.  The weather was quite poor, with frequent showers of drizzle, which turned into fairly heavy rain by 12:10.  The wind was fairly light, but with the thick cloud, it was very dull.

My 'flyer' turned out to be a 'damp squib', as having recorded   2ACV  at 10:01, and   2ABS  at 10:03, not another colour-ring was spotted after that.  After the start of the heavy rainfall at 12:10, I decided just to depart at 12:30, instead of my proposed 1pm.  Black-headed Gull numbers remained constant, at 80 to 100 birds throughtout my visit.

Also during every visit, I'm always on the lookout for gulls ringed with metals only.  One such bird,   2ABL , is an Antrim Marina rung bird, which somehow managed to discard it's colour-ring some time ago, so I'm always checking for this bird, by it's metal ring.  This always poses me with a problem, as every time, I see a 'metal', I have to check whether it is   2ABL , or a different gull entirely.  Today,   2ABL  was actually the 13th of my initial sightings, having read the metal at 9:33.

Having had to re-check   2ABL's  metal ring on a couple of occasions, at around 10:40, I had a new bird.  Having seen through my binoculars, that the ring and it's number was different, I quickly grabbed my camera and began taking photos.  The gull was wary, and moved about quite a lot, but I captured enough pictures, to find I had just recorded a German-rung bird -   IA200180 .

I emailed a couple of my German contacts, to see whether the gull belonged to them.  I received a reply from Sönke Martens, to say the bird belonged to a project in the east of Germany, and he forward my email.  As I publish this post, there has been no reply.  I did submit my sighting to the BTO as well, so I'll report on the recovery in my next post.

Black-headed Gull  -  Germany    IA200180   -  Antrim Marina, Antrim Town, Co. Antrim  (05 Oct 2020)
(Waiting for the Ringing Details)
 
Colour Ringed Black-headed Gulls at Antrim Marina Today - Monday 5th October 2020
 2CSA   2AAB   2ABK   2AAA   2BRA   2CJT   2CSJ   2FDK 
 2AAN   2AAK   2CSR   2ABN   2ABL   2ACV   2ABS   

Colour Ringed Black-headed Gulls Recorded this Autumn/Winter, but not Recorded Today
 2AAV   2ABA   2CSK   2CSB   2CSX   2CTC 

I have also received an email from Graham McElwaine, who did visit Antrim Marina on Sunday afternoon.  He called by the Marina to let his dog stretch it's legs, having earlier monitored Whooper Swans at Toomebridge.  Whilst at the Marina, Graham spotted   2ABK  and   2BRA , gulls which he knew, that he had seen at the Marina on previous visits.  These types of observations by other observers, gives me the chance to submit their latest sightings to the BTO.  It would not be practical, to submit every weekly sighting, as these would take up too much time for the BTO.  What I've decided to do, is submit the last sighting per month, which I think would be more feasible, or the latest sightings by other people.  I have still got hundreds of records to submit regarding the birds at Antrim Marina.  These belonged to Adam's former project, but slowly, those records will be sent in.  My thanks to Graham for the sightings and photos. 
 
Black-headed Gull  -    2ABK   -  Antrim Marina, Antrim Town, Co. Antrim  (04 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as an Adult Female, on the 23rd January 2013, at Antrim Marina)
(Photo Courtesy of Graham McElwaine)
 
Black-headed Gull  -    2BRA   -  Antrim Marina, Antrim Town, Co. Antrim  (04 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as an Adult Male, on the 1st February 2015, at Antrim Marina)
(Photo Courtesy of Graham McElwaine)
 
Other Birds at Antrim Marina
On my arrival, an adult, and a juvenile Common Gull were mixed in with the Black-headed Gulls.  Neither bird stayed for long, but an adult did reappear from time to time, which I presumed, was the same bird as when I arrived.  The juvenile Herring Gull, which has been here for several weeks now, arrived at 10:27 and remained throughout the rest of my visit.
 
The Mute Swan family, with the six cygnets were on the slipway when I arrived, but they disappeared up-river at 11:20.  Around 30 Mallards, were also present on my arrival, and numbers quickly increased to around the 80 mark.  With the majority of legs checked, still no rings on these birds.
 
The poor weather must have effected the visits of other birds, as just 4 Jackdaws and a single Hooded Crow, were the only other species to be seen.  As per usual for a Monday, I had to forsake the other sites around the town of Antrim, as I had to return home for a couple of hours sleep, before starting my night-shift at work.
 
****************************************
 
      From Suzanne Belshaw       
Suzanne Belshaw has been in touch again of late, sending me her latest ring sightings.  The first of three Black-headed Gulls that she reported, was that of a Norwegian-rung bird -   JEX9 .  Back in 2018, a Northern Ireland Assembly Member, (Jim Wells - DUP), had sent me an email, alerting me, of two colour-ringed Black-headed Gulls (one green, the other White), at Belvoir Park in Belfast.  At the time, Jim had no optical equipment with him, so was unable to read the rings.  As Suzanne lived closer to Belvoir than me, I sent her an email to suggest that she should investigate.

Suzanne obliged, and duly recorded   JEX9 , on the 20th August 2018.    JEX9 , had been ringed in the Lake Mosvatnet area of Stavanger in Norway, on the 29th March 2018.  It was thereafter, spotted twice in the Stavanger area (March & June 2018), before Suzanne's sighting that August.  In 2019, the bird was seen on three occasions at Stavanger (April, June & July), which were the last sightings until Suzanne recorded the bird back at Belvoir Park Playing Fields, on the 14th September 2020.

For the moment, I have no idea about the age of the gull when it was ringed, but the duration is now 2 years, 5 months and 16 days.  The distance to Belvoir, is 861 kms / 535 miles (SW).  I was pleased to receive this sighting, as some of our Norwegian visitors, have not been recorded back over the past couple of winters.
 
Black-headed Gull  -    JEX9   -  Belvoir Park Playing Fields, Belfast  (14 Sep 2020)
(Ringed on the 29th March 2018, at Stavanger, Norway)
(Photo Courtesy of Suzanne Belshaw)
 
Suzanne's sighting of one of my Antrim Marina Black-headed Gull's, at the former Belfast Waterworks, was of great interest to me - spotted on Monday 28th September.  During my weekly visit to Antrim Marina on Monday 28th September, I had listed   2CSX  as absent.  My once weekly visit during each year's autumn and winter months, begins on the first weekend in August, and finishes on the last weekend in March, with this being my eighth season recording the colour-ringed Black-headed Gulls on the site.
 
This season, I first saw   2CSX  on the 16th August, and my last sighting was on the 20th September.  What was of real interest, is that   2CSX  made the same move to the former Belfast Waterworks last winter.  My last record of the gull at Antrim Marina, had been made on the 6th October 2019, but Richard Else (RSPB Warden on Rathlin Island), reported   2CSX  at the Marina, during his visit there on the 11th October.  Then, on the 18th October 2019, Suzanne discovered   2CSX  at the Waterworks.  From that point, no further sightings came in, and then the gull returned to Antrim Marina, on the 16th March 2020, where I once again recorded it on my weekly visit.  I was left wondering, had   2CSX  stayed at the waterworks throughout the winter?
 
During this coming winter, should   2CSX  remain absent from the Marina, perhaps a few more visits to the Waterworks, would see if it does indeed winter there.  As with every colour-ringed Black-headed Gull at Antrim Marina, I try to build up a profile for each bird, to establish whether they are residents or just winter visitors.  In the case of   2CSX , I've been presented with a little more to think about.
 
I caught and ringed   2CSX , as a first winter juvenile, on the 3rd December 2018, at Antrim Marina.  As the bird is of known age, it's future movements will be of great interest.  The duration, as of Suzanne's sighting, is 1 year, 9 months and 25 days, and the distance to Belfast, is 22 kms / 13 miles (ESE). 
 
Black-headed Gull  -    2CSX   -  Belfast Waterworks, Belfast  (28 Sep 2020)
(Ringed as a 1st Winter Bird, on the 3rd December 2018, at Antrim Marina, Antrim Town, Co. Antrim)
(Photo Courtesy of Suzanne Belshaw)
 
The latest sighting of   2ABT , adds to an ever growing list of re-sightings for this Black-headed Gull.  Suzanne's sighting at Ballyholme in County Down, was made on the 3rd October 2020.    2ABT , belongs to Adam's former Northern Ireland Project, and was ringed as an adult male at Ballyholme, on the 24th January 2013.  Over the years,   2ABT  has been recorded during the spring and summer months, at Sandy Bay in Larne, County Antrim.  Sandy Bay, and Ballyholme, are on opposite sides of the vast Belfast Lough.
 
It seems as if   2ABT , may well nest at the RSPB's Blue Circle Island Reserve on Larne Lough, or possibly the 'Maiden Islands', situated a short distance from the coast of Larne.  I personally do not know whether Black-headed Gulls, do actually nest on the Maidens though.  One thing is certain, and that is the wintering site at Ballyholme.  Before this latest sighting of   2ABT  at Ballyholme by Suzanne, she was also the last person to record this gull, with the sighting being made at Sandy Bay, on the 6th March 2020.  The duration since   2ABT  was ringed, is now 7 years, 8 months and 9 days.
 
Suzanne's sightings of the Norwegian   JEX9  above, and now   2ABT , ticks two more birds off this winter's re-sighting list.  For every ringed bird from previous winter's, not only do up to date sightings prove that the birds are still alive, but also adds more info on their histories and longevities.
 
My thanks again goes to Suzanne for her latest sightings, along with the photos.
 
Black-headed Gull  -    2ABT   -  Ballyholme, Co. Down  (03 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as an Adult Male, on the 24th January 2013, at Ballyholme)
(Photo Courtesy of Suzanne Belshaw)
 
 ****************************************
 
      From David Nixon       
A couple of Herring Gull sightings have been reported to me by David Nixon.  On the 1st October 2020, David was checking the high tide roost, at Dundrum (Inner Bay) in County Down, when he spotted two colour-ringed Herring Gulls.  On one of the birds, he could only see the top of the Darvic, which read   8:D , and therefore was missing the first two letters or numbers, or even a combination of the two.  One thing for certain, was that the   :D , made this a gull from a County Dublin Project.  I checked my spreadsheet for   8:D , to find that there were three possible birds which had previously been recorded here in Northern Ireland -   278:D ,   298:D  and   A28:D .  I informed David of these, but also suggested that the gull could also be a new sighting in NI.  Therefore, nothing was gained here, but David did get a result two days later (read below).
 
The second bird, was that of a Scottish-rung Gull -   A:E87 .  In fact, this was now the third time that David has recorded this bird at Dundrum.    A:E87 , was ringed as a chick, on the 5th July 2017, at Lady Isle, situated just off the coast from Troon, in Ayrshire, Scotland.  David's two previous sightings, on the 18th November 2017, and on the 27th November 2019, had been the only re-sightings made since the gull was ringed.
 
I emailed Dave Grant, about David's latest sighting, and Dave replied to say thank you, and that David's sightings, are still the only reports received for this bird.
 
David returned to Dundrum Inner Bay, on the 3rd October, and   A:E87  was still present, as well as sorting out the Dublin-rung bird.  The duration for   A:E87 , since being ringed, is 3 years, 2 months and 28 days, whilst the distance from Lady Isle to Dundrum, is 158 kms / 98 miles (SSW).  My thanks goes to Dave Grant for the update, and the speedy reply.
 
Herring Gull  -    A:E87   -  Dundrum Inner Bay, Dundrum, Co. Down  (03 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as a Chick, on the 5th July 2017, on Lady Isle, Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland)
(Photo Courtesy of David Nixon)
 
As stated above, on the 1st October 2020, David spotted a County Dublin-rung bird, but only managed to see   8:D  on it's colour-ring.  Returning to Dundrum Inner Bay, on the 3rd October 2020, that gull was still present, but this time, David captured the whole code which read -   008:D , a first sighting within Northern Ireland.  Graham Prole, who is the ringing co-ordinator for the Irish Midlands Ringing Group, stated that this was a first ever sighting for the bird since it was ringed.
 
  008:D , was ringed as a chick, on the 30th June 2017, on the rooftop of the Dail Eireann building, which houses the Irish Government in the City of Dublin.  The duration since being ringed, is 3 years, 3 months and 3 days, and the distance from Dublin City to Dundrum, is 106 kms / 65 miles (NNE).  My thanks goes to Graham Prole for the information about   008:D , and to David Nixon, for sharing both sightings, along with the photos.
 
Herring Gull  -    008:D   -  Dundrum Inner Bay, Dundrum, Co. Down  (03 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as a Chick, on the 30th June 2017, at Dublin City, Republic of Ireland)
(Photo Courtesy of David Nixon)
 
 ****************************************
 
      Saturday 3rd October 2020       
Once again, it was a late start for me, this decision being goverened by the tides.  Last Sunday, whilst at the Connswater mudflats, I recorded a colour-ringed Black-headed Gull, which belonged to Adam McClure's former Northern Ireland project.  Having successfully captured the code on the ring, shortly afterwards, I spotted another colour-ringed Black-headed Gull.  This bird had a Yellow Darvic, but only the top of the ring was visible, as the bird was standing on the edge of the water.  At the time, the tide was steadily rising, and the gull just simply floated off.  I had my suspicions, that this may have been a Polish-rung bird that I recorded here during the winter of 2017/2018.

My aim today, was to try and find the gull with the Yellow Darvic.  With high tide forcasted for around 1pm, I headed off to Belfast from home around 3pm.  On my way to Connswater, I stopped by the Dargan mudflats on the northern edge of Belfast, but after scoping lots of gulls and waders, no rings were spotted.  I moved on towards Connswater, and parked by the footbridge on the Airport Road, at Belfast Harbour's Industrial Estate.

On walking over the bridge, which leads to the footpath that I would use to take me towards the mudflats, several gulls were feeding on the newly exposed mud.  Taking a look at these through my binoculars, I spotted a White Darvic on a Black-headed Gull.  Zooming in with my camera, the bird was a well known individual - (White) EAK9.

(White) EAK9, is a Dutch-rung bird, which was first spotted in Northern Ireland in 2014.  Adam McClure recorded the gull at the Connswater Shopping Centre, on the 10th January 2014.  The bird has a long history of re-sightings, both here in Northern Ireland, and in it's home district of Zoetermeer, in Holland.  Since 2014, the gull has been re-sighted here every winter, except that of 2017/2018.  During the 2018/2019 winter, I spotted (White) EAK9, twice on Christmas Day, firstly at the Connswater Shopping Centre (whilst I was looking for a Norwegian-rung BHG), and then later on that day, it was on the Connswater mudflats.  One month later, on the 25th January 2019, (White) EAK9, was spotted at Mesnil-Saint-Père in northern France, which is it's only sighting outside of Holland or Northern Ireland.
 
Last winter, I recorded the gulls' return, on the 12th October 2019, on the Connswater mudflats, and again on Christmas Day, at Connswater Shopping Centre.  At present, I'm waiting on an updated history from Benny Middendorp.  (White) EAK9, was ringed in Zoetermeer, on the 13th June 2012, and today's sighting takes the duration to, 8 years, 3 months and 20 days.  The distance from Zoetermeer to the Connswater mudflats, is 746 kms / 463 miles (WNW).
 
Black-headed Gull  -  (White)  EAK9  -  Connswater Mudflats, Belfast Harbour Estate  (03 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as an Adult Male, on the 13th June 2012, at Zoetermeer, Holland)
 
Moving on to the mudflats, there was no sign of the Black-headed Gull with the Yellow Darvic, but I did record another bird belonging to Adam's former NI project.  My sighting today, is the fifth record for   2AKJ , with the gull having been ringed as a chick, on the 15th June 2015, at the WWT Castle Espie Wetland Centre in County Down.
 
I made my fist sighting of   2AKJ , at the nearby Victoria Park, on the 4th September 2016.  My second sighting was made on the 25th December 2018, on the Connsbank Road, close to where I parked my car today, whilst my last two sightings were made on these mudflats, on the 12th October 2019, and on the 23rd February 2020.  The duration since being ringed is now 5 years, 3 months and 18 days, with the distance from Castle Espie, being 16 kms / 9 miles (NW).  
 
Black-headed Gull  -    2AKJ   -  Connswater Mudflats, Belfast Harbour Estate  (03 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as a Chick, on the 15th June 2015, at the WWT Castle Espie Wetland Centre, Co. Down)
 
I was well pleased with today's two re-sightings, and before heading home, I called by Kinnegar Beach and Whitehouse Lagoon, but no further rings were spotted.
 
****************************************

      Sunday 4th October 2020       
Today, saw another return to Belfast, with another attempt to record the Yellow-rung Black-headed Gull on the Connswater mudflats.  Again, after a late start due to the tides, I went to Kinnegar Beach first.  I arrived as the tide began to recede, and spent a long time, scoping through the arriving gulls and waders.  Athough a couple of Black-headed and Common Gulls were spotted with metals only, I did eventually record another of Adam's birds -   2CJF .
 
  2CJF , was ringed as a chick, on the 3rd July 2016, at the RSPB's Blue Circle Island Reserve, on Larne Lough in County Antrim.  It's first ever re-sighting was made by me here at Kinnegar, on the 26th August 2018.  In late March, and again in mid April 2019,   2CJF  was spotted on one of the nesting platforms, at the RSPB's Window on Wildlife Reserve, which is only a short distance away from Kinnegar.  Being over two and a half years of age at that time, it may have bred on the platform.

My next four sightings were made around Kinnegar after the breeding season had ended, and just before the start of this past summer's breeding season (Jul & Aug 2019, and twice in Mar 2020).  With the easing of the lockdown restrictions here in Northern Ireland, I visited the WoW Reserve on the 29th June 2020, to find a fledged chick alongside of   2CJF .

Today's sighting, is now my ninth record for   2CJF , with the duration since being ringed, now being 4 years, 3 months and 1 day.  The distance from Blue Circle Island, to Kinnegar Beach, is 22 kms / 13 miles (SSW).
 
Black-headed Gull  -    2CJF   -  Kinnegar Beach, Belfast Lough, Co. Down  (04 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as a Chick, on the 3rd July 2016, at RSPB Blue Circle Island Reserve, Larne Lough, Co. Antrim)
 
Moving on to the Connswater mudflats, no rings were spotted at all this time, and I had the same result at the nearby Dargan mudflats as well.  With time getting on, I made my final stop for the afternoon at Whitehouse Lagoon.  Regular readers will be well aware of my attempts at recording a Polish-rung Black-headed Gull, who's return should have been made week's ago.  I've lost count, at how many times I've visited the Lagoon over recent weeks, but my persistence finally paid off.
 
I was doubting whether (White) T56W, was still alive, so I was really delighted to re-sight this bird today.  (White) T56W, was ringed as an un-sexed 2nd calendar year bird, on the 16th June 2012, on the Odra Reservoir, at Bielinek in Poland, close to the border with Germany.  The first ever sighting in Northern Ireland, was made at Whitehouse Lagoon, on the 15th January 2015, by a Stuart McKee.
 
I reckon that (White) T56W, had actually gone un-recorded before that time, as it has been re-sighted every winter at Whitehouse Lagoon, since Stuart's initial sighting.  I took a look at the 'Live' Online Polish Ringing Database, and since the day T56W was ringed, it has never been recorded elsewhere, not even back home in Poland.  Well pleased to see this gull again, the duration now stands at 8 years, 3 months and 18 days, and the distance from Bielinek, is 1,325 kms / 823 miles (WNW). 
 
Black-headed Gull  -  (White)  T56W  -  Whitehouse Lagoon, Belfast Lough, Co. Antrim  (04 Oct 2020)
(Ringed as an Un-Sexed 2nd Year Bird, on the 16th June 2012, at the Odra Reservoir, Bielinek, Poland)
 
Whilst I had been scoping for (White) T56W, I also re-sighted Oystercatcher - GW-GfN.  This bird, which only has the White & Black (Niger) rings remaining on it's two legs, was recorded back on Whitehouse Lagoon for the sixth winter running, on the 30th August 2020.
 
Whilst the car was parked at Whitehouse Lagoon, I made the short walk along the footpath that leads to the shore of Belfast Lough, beside Hazelbank Park.  My aim here, was to re-sight a colour-ringed Dutch Black-tailed Godwit.  I have realised on recent visits here, that this stretch of the Lough, is particular favoured by these Bar-tailed's.  The bird I'm after, has been recorded in the past, on Kinnegar Beach, Whitehouse Lagoon, and on this stretch of the shore.  The tidal conditions were not great to check out the Bar-tailed's, but the few that I did scope, had no rings.  The bird that I'm after, will be my next target in the area.  Whitehouse Lagoon, can be particular good during roosting times.
 
****************************************

No comments: